Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
* Wonderful year for mountain ash (aka rowan) berries! Photo by Ruta Jordans
* See the Wave sculpture at the Lost Fishermen's Memorial Park.
* Lubec Market will open indoors November 5th at Lubec Brewery and be open the first Saturday of every month until April or May.
*VisitLubecMaine.com has a new enhanced listing slideshow format!
* Find Lubec, Eastport and Campobello Island in Huffington Post's Top 6 Coastal Maine Destinations Far From the Tourist Trail
* Plastic-Free Lubec market totes are now for sale at stores throughout Lubec. Read the Natural Resources Council of Maine blog on Plastic-Free Lubec.
* Find Wi-Fi in Lubec and surrounding towns on our new Wi-Fi Hotspots page!
Oct 29: If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to make a braided rug, this intensive class is for you!
October 29: A day-long workshop led by Elizabeth Peavey, to investigate the history and nature of memoir and the fundamentals of memoir writing.
October 29: The committee for Rank Choice Voting will demonstrate how Ranked Choice Voting works, and explain how Question 5 gives voters more voice and more choice in our democracy.
October 29: Halloween Party with MILK and HONEY REBELLION
October 30: Bill Attick will provide information and show a video of Civil War Monuments at Gettysburg
I have just spent a marvelous time on your Visit Lubec website and have found it to be an amazing resource! Kudos to whomever put it together and keeps it so updated. My goodness, it is far better than other big city sites I've used! All the links work, graphically it's beautiful, I mean, it's such a Wow.
We live in Ohio and are vacationing in Lubec next week; my husband grew up visiting family friends there and is so excited! I have been skeptical, however, not imagining there would be much to do with our two small boys. Looks like I'm wrong. Thank you so much for the wonderful listing of events, the maps, the great commentary....I'm as excited as my husband is, now!
-- Kara R., Ohio
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website. Any errors are purely accidental and if you wish to point them out, please do so to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details. APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.