Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
* The Lubec Historical Society building is almost on its new foundation. photo R.Jordans
* The New York Times includes West Quoddy Head Light in 7 Lighthouses Around the World to Inspire a Trip
* Find Lubec, Eastport and Campobello Island in Huffington Post's Top 6 Coastal Maine Destinations Far From the Tourist Trail
* Find Wi-Fi in Lubec and surrounding towns on our new Wi-Fi Hotspots page!
December 5: VIGIL AT THE LUBEC FLAT IRON CORNER: "We are standing with the Sioux Nation at Standing Rock."
December 10: Produce, baked goods, art, soaps, gifts, etc.
December 15: Toys & Treasures will be distributing gifts.
Dec 15: 1,000 Times Good Night: a war photojournalist's work conflicts with family.
December 17: Produce, baked goods, art, soaps, gifts, etc.
I have just spent a marvelous time on your Visit Lubec website and have found it to be an amazing resource! Kudos to whomever put it together and keeps it so updated. My goodness, it is far better than other big city sites I've used! All the links work, graphically it's beautiful, I mean, it's such a Wow.
We live in Ohio and are vacationing in Lubec next week; my husband grew up visiting family friends there and is so excited! I have been skeptical, however, not imagining there would be much to do with our two small boys. Looks like I'm wrong. Thank you so much for the wonderful listing of events, the maps, the great commentary....I'm as excited as my husband is, now!
-- Kara R., Ohio
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website. Any errors are purely accidental and if you wish to point them out, please do so to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details. APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.