We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
Photo by Carl Beal
* West Quoddy Lighthouse Moonrise in Downeast Magazine!
* Lupe Soto's Wintery Scene Video of Lubec this February.
* Travelin' Maine(rs) George Smith writes another wonderful article about the Best Places to Live in Maine, including Lubec!
* Enjoy Maine Boats, Homes & Harbors' recent article: "Campobello Island: Touring Down East, across the border".
Apr 12: Please join us for a community brunch featuring delicious local foods, while benefiting a great cause!
Apr 15: Come join us to learn exactly what Permaculture is and find out if it is a life style for you.
Apr 18 & 19: The Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife's Hunter Education Course is more than a "gun safety" class. Two eight-hour sessions.
Apr 18: Chase away the winter doldrums, and brighten up the dark nights by getting out to listen to live music, socialize, and DANCE!
May 9: Brighten up your spring by getting out to listen to live music, socialize, and DANCE!
You provide a valuable resource to us all here in Washington County." -- Patricia C., Trescott, ME
Just dropping you a note to say I am most grateful for your Web site. I've been researching vacation destinations in the Quoddy Bay area for several days, and yours is the only Web site that provides complete factual information (e.g., average temperatures by month) and organizes information rationally. The town's tourist map is very well done. I learned more about the entire region from your Web site than I did from most other Web sites combined." -- Mark A., Danbury, CT