Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
* See the Wave sculpture at the Lost Fishermen's Memorial Park! Photo by Barb Knight
* Be sure to stop in to see Shanna of Cobscook Pottery at 37 Water Street through August 27th.
* Plastic-Free Lubec market totes are now for sale at stores throughout Lubec. Read the Natural Resources Council of Maine blog on Plastic-Free Lubec.
* Find Wi-Fi in Lubec and surrounding towns on our new Wi-Fi Hotspots page!
* Can't find the Atlantic House? Look for it under its new name - the Sunrise Cafe!
* The Campobello Island Visitor Center is now the Roosevelt Park Adventure Centre.
* BikeMaine is coming to Lubec on its Bold Coast journey September 10-17, 2016
*Celebrate SummerKeys 25th anniversary of music classes and concerts in Lubec!
* Tours of Lubec and Cobscook available to download or rent. Watch How to Rent the Tours. Tours available for rent in Lubec at the Sunrise Cafe, Bayside Chocolates, Eastland Motel, and Monica's Chocolates. Our newest tour now available only by download: Sightseeing and History Tour of Lubec!
August 26: Celebrate National Community Health Center Week with food and activities.
Aug 26 - 27: Come enjoy two days of observing the stars, playing Astronomy Jeopardy, listening to a talk on the new Emera Astronomy Center, and enjoying the company of fellow astronomers in Downeast Maine.
Aug 27: Put on your dancing shoes and join instructor and caller Alba Briggs for some great fun!
August 28: Fundy Audubon and Maine Audubon's Downeast Chapter will look for shorebirds at the Lubec Sandbar.
August 28: Evangelist Dan Schall in concert.
Hello, I have just spent a marvelous time on your Visit Lubec website and have found it to be an amazing resource! Kudos to whomever put it together and keeps it so updated. My goodness, it is far better than other big city sites I've used! All the links work, graphically it's beautiful, I mean, it's such a Wow.
We live in Ohio and are vacationing in Lubec next week; my husband grew up visiting family friends there and is so excited! I have been skeptical, however, not imagining there would be much to do with our two small boys. Looks like I'm wrong. :) Thank you so much for the wonderful listing of events, the maps, the great commentary....I'm as excited as my husband is, now!
Kara R., Ohio
"You provide a valuable resource to us all here in Washington County." -- Patricia C., Eastport, ME
"Just dropping you a note to say I am most grateful for your Web site. I've been researching vacation destinations in the Quoddy Bay area for several days, and yours is the only Web site that provides complete factual information (e.g., average temperatures by month) and organizes information rationally. The town's tourist map is very well done. I learned more about the entire region from your Web site than I did from most other Web sites combined." Mark A., Danbury, CT
"The site looks so good,...plenty there for the tourists and visitors and locals to explore and try." Marty S., Lubec ME
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website. Any errors are purely accidental and if you wish to point them out, please do so to email@example.com. Contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details which are subject to change.