We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
Fall Leaves photo by Ashley Farmer.
*Travelin Maine(rs): Best of Maine and Canada
* Cobscook Trails hiking maps are back!
*Try Tours of Lubec and Cobscook's NEW audio tour: Explore the Intertidal Shore
* Travel and Leisure: America's Most Beautiful Coastal Views
* Business Insider's: 5 Under-The-Radar Places You Should Escape To This Summer.
Aug 30: Be an invading pirate or have fun watching them invade the shores of Lubec! Fun for all!
Aug 30: A talk by Robert Johnston, Geologist, Maine Geological Survey, Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Conservation.
Aug 30: Michaeline Mulvey, a specialist in mushroom identification, will give an overview of mushroom I.D., collecting and what to collect.
Aug 30: Bill Roorbach will deliver a reading and talk about his work.
Aug 30: This is a band you won't want to miss!