We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
Fall Leaves photo by Ashley Farmer.
*Travelin Maine(rs): Best of Maine and Canada
* Cobscook Trails hiking maps are back!
*Try Tours of Lubec and Cobscook's NEW audio tour: Explore the Intertidal Shore
* Travel and Leisure: America's Most Beautiful Coastal Views
* Business Insider's: 5 Under-The-Radar Places You Should Escape To This Summer.
Sep 2: Accepting applications for the 2014-2015 school year!
Sep 6: The Living Newspaper will provide Washington County a homegrown journalism, reporting news and commentary
Sep 6: Best of the Best songwriter and guitarist!
Sep 7: Moderate walk in Whiting.
Sep 11: Four artists - Lisa Tyson Ennis, Leslie Bowman, Sheryl Denbo and Bonnie Beard, each with their distinctive styles have gathered to show their art at the Crow Town Gallery.