Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine with 97 miles of shoreline and the friendliest people! Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
Photo: Frank Van Riper
* VacationIdea Magazine names West Quoddy Head as one of Maine's 10 Best Lighthouses!
* Stop by the July Art Show at the Library featuring Andrew Hepburn Photography.
* The Pathfinders walking group has hit the trails again! Join them in exploring beautiful area sights!
* Lubec is the 3rd of 10 "Under The Radar Summer Getaways" !
* The Eastport to Lubec Ferry will be running this summer June 4th to September 30th. Book online!
* Check us out on our Facebook page Visit Lubec Maine and Like Us!
* Tours of Lubec and Cobscook available to download or rent at the Eastland Motel.
Jul 21: Join Fundy Audubon by counting loons on your favorite lake!
Jul 23 - 27: Cabaret is an intimate musical art form, in which a performer puts his or her personal stamp on a song through honest exploration of the lyric.
Jul 23 - 25: Join Frank Van Riper for an intense & step-by-step instruction in studio and on location.
Jul 25 - Aug 7: Jean Bookman and Ann Rosebrooks bring their unique artistry to the Gallery.
Jul 25: Listen to stories about dancers, become your own rhythm instrument and dance to your own beat.
I have just spent a marvelous time on your Visit Lubec website and have found it to be an amazing resource! Kudos to whomever put it together and keeps it so updated. My goodness, it is far better than other big city sites I've used! All the links work, graphically it's beautiful, I mean, it's such a Wow.
We live in Ohio and are vacationing in Lubec next week; my husband grew up visiting family friends there and is so excited! I have been skeptical, however, not imagining there would be much to do with our two small boys. Looks like I'm wrong. Thank you so much for the wonderful listing of events, the maps, the great commentary....I'm as excited as my husband is, now!
-- Kara R., Ohio
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website and any errors are purely accidental.
Please help us keep VisitLubecMaine.com as up-to-date and accurate as possible. If you wish to point out any errors or update outdated information, please do so to Events@visitlubecmaine.com
Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details.
APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.