Every other Thursday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. For new and/or seasoned writers!
Lubec is an adventure waiting to happen!
Vacation in the easternmost town in the U.S.A. and explore its 97 miles of spectacular shoreline by land or sea.
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the stress of madding crowds, where the sun first rises on U.S.A. shores and a heartfelt welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life comes naturally. Come experience Lubec and the way life should be!
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Affordability and Sustainability
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec doesn't offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
photo: Beverly Tabet
Support APPLE (The Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment) when you list your business with us!
Advertising Opportunities with On-Line Payment Convenience
Current Lubec Time
Sunrise: 06:40 AM
Sunset: 04:42 PM(approx. times)
Lubec things to note
- List your Lubec area business with us! - A great opportunity to broadly advertise your business on a great website!
- Downeast Acadia Guidebook - Help plan your Downeast visit with this Maine Office of Tourism virtual guide!
- Enjoy a bird's-eye view of Lubec! - Thank you Drones Eye View, Inc for this alternate perspective of Lubec!
- "10 Fun Things to do in Lubec" - says New England with Love!
- The "Back Door" Into Canada - Travel that combines perhaps the best of land and sea travel !
Every Monday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. In-person and broadcasted via Zoom - play your instrument, sing, or enjoy listening.
Starting Jan 22: Experience the healing of yoga! Sundays
Starts Feb 3: 1st Friday of each month come play some board games! All ages!
Feb 10: Join Downeast Coastal Conservancy and Cobscook Institute for a free afternoon of basic map and compass work.
Starts Feb 11: Learn the centuries old craft of rug braiding with Arlene Wren!
Starting Feb 16: Explore topics of social interest with presenters and come together and think, imagine, question, wonder and expand together. Third Thursdays.
Feb 22: Dr.Maureen Elgersman Lee presents a history of Race, Labor, and Community in Black Bangor, 1880-1950. Sponsored by the Pembroke Historical Society.
Starts Mar 2: Join Cobscook Institute for a captivating series of pottery classes with instructor Michelle Cousineau.
Mar 4: Learn how to use a pottery wheel and its technique with Michelle Cousineau!