Every other Thursday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. For new and/or seasoned writers!
Lubec is an adventure waiting to happen!
Vacation in the easternmost town in the U.S.A. and explore its 97 miles of spectacular shoreline by land or sea.
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the stress of madding crowds, where the sun first rises on U.S.A. shores and a heartfelt welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life comes naturally. Come experience Lubec and the way life should be!
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Affordability and Sustainability
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec doesn't offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Support APPLE (The Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment) when you shop at AmazonSmile.com.
Current Lubec Time
Sunrise: 06:52 AM
Sunset: 03:48 PM(approx. times)
Lubec things to note
- Downeast Acadia Guidebook - Help plan your Downeast visit with this Maine Office of Tourism virtual guide!
- Enjoy a bird's-eye view of Lubec! - Thank you Drones Eye View, Inc for this alternate perspective of Lubec!
- "10 Fun Things to do in Lubec" - says New England with Love!
- The "Back Door" Into Canada - Travel that combines perhaps the best of land and sea travel !
Dec 9: Join us for a holiday sing-a-long with Kara McCrimmon & Jim O’Neil, and our Artist's Market with products of the studios.
Dec 10: Come cheer them on at a West Quoddy Head Lighthouse sunrise service.
Dec 11 - 17: Share the magic and joy of the holidays with your friends and neighbors!
Dec 12: We’ll provide the Legos, You provide the imagination! Mondays.
Every Monday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. In-person and broadcasted via Zoom - play your instrument, sing, or enjoy listening.
Dec 17: Come join the Outdoor Women Lead (OWL) Fall Outing to gain skills about winter plant and tree identification!
Dec 17: Lubec Campobello Community Theatre presents seasonal stories and music!
Dec 21: Celebrate the Winter Solstice with the Downeast Coastal Conservancy by watching the sunset from Huckins Beach at Pike Lands Preserve!
Jan 4 & 18: Cobscook Institute presents Iota's Revision: Where the Good Stuff Happens with Penny Guisinger.