Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
* "Winter at the Edge of America" by Laurence Parent
* The Amazing Bay of Fundy Tides - video by The Smithsonian that shows the Bay of Fundy's record tides.
* Rachel Rubeor, Lubec resident featured as a Prime Mover in Maine Seniors magazine.
* The Bold Coast Scenic Byway - one of 9 Unforgetable Road Trips to Take in Maine Before You Die.
* West Quoddy Head Lighthouse in The 13 Most Wonderful Lighthouses Across the USA
* Tours of Lubec and Cobscook available to download or rent at the Eastland Motel.
February 21: Artist and botanist Heidi Herzberger will teach botanical drawing to all skill levels.
Feb 21: Lubec Adult Education - Scholarships available!
February 23 - 26: Treat yourself to time in the pottery studio at CCLC.
Feb 24: Join folks for a bit of visiting and revitalization.
Feb 25: Learn to start seeds for your vegetable gardens.
The site looks so good,...plenty there for the tourists and visitors and locals to explore and try.
-- Marty S., Lubec ME
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website. Any errors are purely accidental and if you wish to point them out, please do so to email@example.com. Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details. APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.