Starts May 28th, Every Saturday: Every Saturday ! Please help support our local farmers, bakers, artists, rug weavers, crafters, and more!
Lubec is an adventure waiting to happen!
Vacation in the easternmost town in the U.S.A. and explore its 97 miles of spectacular shoreline by land or sea.
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the stress of madding crowds, where the sun first rises on U.S.A. shores and a heartfelt welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life comes naturally. Come experience Lubec and the way life should be!
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Affordability and Sustainability
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec doesn't offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Support APPLE (The Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment) when you shop at AmazonSmile.com.
Current Lubec Time
Sunrise: 06:17 AM
Sunset: 06:21 PM(approx. times)
Lubec things to note
- Small Town Takeout - Stop in and try Lubec's newest restaurant!
- Where in Lubec Can I Get a Bite to Eat? - Some useful information about our Lubec Eateries. Check their listings within!
- Mulholland Market Gallery - Check here for their hours of operation!
- Downeast Acadia Guidebook - Help plan your Downeast visit with this Maine Office of Tourism virtual guide!
- Enjoy a bird's-eye view of Lubec! - Thank you Drones Eye View, Inc for this alternate perspective of Lubec!
- "10 Fun Things to do in Lubec" - says New England with Love!
- The "Back Door" Into Canada - Travel that combines perhaps the best of land and sea travel !
- Cobscook Shores - "The New York Times says you should visit this Maine destination in 2022"
- Bangor Daily News Article - "Wind, fog and whispers of its past continue to shape Lubec"
During August & Sept: Collages by Deborah Seavey during the month of August!
Starts Aug 26: An all medias community art exhibit displaying the creative artistry of your neighbors!
Month of Sept: Calling all Beachlovers, Beachcombers, Mermaids, Poets, Seaglass Artisans and Seaglass lovers...
Sep 3 & 17, Oct 1: Learn about tinctures & wild crafting, identifying medicinal plants, and medicinal mushroom double extractions.
Sept 15 - 28: Visions of Future Past, Silver-based photo imagery by JD Rule, Opening Reception 5-7 p.m. Sat. Sept 17
Sept 27 & 28: You'll learn Applied Suicide Intervention Skills in an intensive, two-day training.
Sep 30 - Oct 4: Explore the quieter reaches of Downeast Maine for viewing a wide spectrum of birds!
Oct 1: Working to improve habitat for the native insects, birds, and toads of our region.
Oct 1 & 2: Join preservation experts and master timberframers for an exploration of ongoing restoration projects downeast and a timberframing demonstration!