Every Monday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. Join in virtually - play your instrument, sing, or enjoy listening.
Lubec is an adventure waiting to happen!
Vacation in the easternmost town in the U.S.A. and explore its 97 miles of spectacular shoreline by land or sea.
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the stress of madding crowds, where the sun first rises on U.S.A. shores and a heartfelt welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life comes naturally. Come experience Lubec and the way life should be!
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec doesn't offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Support APPLE (The Association to Promote and Protect the Lubec Environment) when you shop at AmazonSmile.com.
Current Lubec Time
Sunset: 15:43(approx. times)
Lubec things to note
- Downeast Acadia Guidebook - Help plan your Downeast visit with this Maine Office of Tourism virtual guide!
- Plan early! - It's never too early to reserve next summer's stay in Lubec!
- DownEast Magazine - on the new "Cobscook Shores" parks in Lubec.
- Bangor Daily News Article - "Wind, fog and whispers of its past continue to shape Lubec"
- Summerkeys - Plans on re-opening in 2022 - Check their website for updates!
- Maine Lighthouse Keepers Remembered for Services and Sacrifices - Writes the BDN
Every other Thursday: Sponsored by the Cobscook Institute. For new and/or seasoned writers!
Starting Nov 14th: Lots of fun this winter and cash prizes, too! Weekly on Sundays.
Starts Dec 4th, Every 1st & 3rd Saturday: The 1st & 3rd Saturday of each winter month ! Please help support our local farmers, bakers, artists, rug weavers, crafters, and more!
Dec 10 - 12: Join the festivities and get into the Christmas spirit!
TBD: A unique birding experience during spring migration & the breeding season.
TBD: Open for the season!
Jun 13: We're expecting a joyous season devoted to the love and study of music!
TBD: Two Countries...One Marathon; Half-Marathon; 10K; Fun Run & 52K Ultramarathon
TBD: Lubec Landmarks encourages and supports local artists and craftspeople with seasonal shows of their works at the gallery.