Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
* Ruta Jordans - You are the glue that held this community together - we will miss you terribly! A Farewell note from APPLE's past president Ruta Jordans . Thank you Ruta and we wish you all the best with your new adventures!
* Lubec author JD Rule's new book: Cold Harbor ... A Downeast Story is finally out!
* Help save the recently damaged Lubec Brining Shed - the last standing herring smokehouse in the country!
* In Downeast Magazine's "Where In Maine" can you guess where this is?!
* A Bird's-eye view of Lubec and Campobello Island by Leo Kowal.
* The beauty of Lubec shown in this Summer in Lubec video by Murphfishing.
* West Quoddy Head Lighthouse in The 13 Most Wonderful Lighthouses Across the USA
* Tours of Lubec and Cobscook available to download or rent at the Eastland Motel.
Mar 30: Ida: A young nun leaves the convent to discover her family's story when she learns she is Jewish.
Mar 30: Have fun and dance the winter blues away!
Mar 30: Yoga is for everybody! Experience the "eight limbs of yoga in four weeks".
Apr 1: Come together to reflect on non-Native people's shared history & future with Native people.
Apr 1: Shop with community farmers, artists & entrepreneurs for local favorites.
The site looks so good,...plenty there for the tourists and visitors and locals to explore and try.
-- Marty S., Lubec ME
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website. Any errors are purely accidental and if you wish to point them out, please do so to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details. APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.