Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
* Ruta Jordans - You are the glue that held this community together - we will miss you terribly! A Farewell note from APPLE's past president Ruta Jordans . Thank you Ruta and we wish you all the best with your new adventures!
* UMM Botany students partner with Downeast Coastal Conservancy to preserve Pike Lands property in Lubec.
* Becky's Seafood in Lubec is listed on Maine's Lobster Roll Trail - "One of the best lobster rolls in the area" !
* In Trescott, Maine Warden rescues the oldest Bald Eagle ever documented, banded when it was a just-hatched eaglet in 1983.
* Tours of Lubec and Cobscook available to download or rent at the Eastland Motel.
Apr 28: Enjoy live music in downtown Lubec: Brad Sawye
Apr 29: Enjoy live music in downtown Lubec: O'McCrelli (traditional Irish reel & their own rendition of songs by new & old folk artists).
Apr 30: This class is for everyone interested in growing fruit trees!
May 2: Enjoy lunch with fellow seniors...good food & good friendship!
May 2: All ages & skill levels are welcome to learn wheel, hand-building and glazing techniques (Tuesdays).
I have just spent a marvelous time on your Visit Lubec website and have found it to be an amazing resource! Kudos to whomever put it together and keeps it so updated. My goodness, it is far better than other big city sites I've used! All the links work, graphically it's beautiful, I mean, it's such a Wow.
We live in Ohio and are vacationing in Lubec next week; my husband grew up visiting family friends there and is so excited! I have been skeptical, however, not imagining there would be much to do with our two small boys. Looks like I'm wrong. Thank you so much for the wonderful listing of events, the maps, the great commentary....I'm as excited as my husband is, now!
-- Kara R., Ohio
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website and any errors are purely accidental.
Please help us keep VisitLubecMaine.com as up-to-date and accurate as possible. If you wish to point out any errors or update outdated information, please do so to Events@visitlubecmaine.com.
Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details.
APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.