Welcome! We invite you to spend your next vacation right here in Lubec, the easternmost town in the U.S.A., in Washington County, Maine. Join us in being the first to see the sunrise!
Discover the ease with which you can plan and spend your next vacation away from the maddening crowds, where the sun first rises on the United States of America, and a welcome awaits you! Lubec is where being yourself and enjoying life is second nature.
What Lubec offers:
- Year-round attractions
- Rural / coastal setting
- Tranquility and solitude
- Rugged, natural beauty
- Unique, unaffected character, community and culture
- Activities, services and amenities to welcome and satisfy business people, vacationing singles, couples and families.
What Lubec does not offer:
(So get your fill of these en route!)
- Movie theaters
- Shopping malls
- Theme parks
- Fast food restaurants
- Heavy traffic
- Stop lights
Lubec things to note
Painting & Photo Credit - Micheal Chesley Johnson
* Lubec is one of Getaway Mavens' best Offbeat Escapes in the Northeast.
* The Boston Bon Vivant's guide for good living writes "A Family Getaway: Lubec, Maine".
* Lubec is one of the small towns that "THIS IS AMERICA TOO" just visited - keep checking for Lubec's upcoming story!
* Help make Lubec better than ever ... join APPLE today!
* Tours of Lubec and Cobscook available to download or rent at the Eastland Motel.
Nov 17: Enjoy live music in downtown Lubec...Celia Jellison rocks the house with traditional & classic rock.
Nov 18: Enjoy live music in downtown Lubec...bluegrass & folk with the Fremont Street String Band.
Nov 19: Dig out those 'ol LP's, and bring them in!
May 25 - 28: A unique birding experience during spring migration & the breeding season with four days of guided hikes, boat tours & presentations.
June 22 - 24: Two Countries...One Marathon; Half-Marathon; 10K; Fun Run & 52K Ultramarathon
You provide a valuable resource to us all here in Washington County.
-- Patricia C., Eastport, ME
Every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of data on this website and any errors are purely accidental.
Please help us keep VisitLubecMaine.com as up-to-date and accurate as possible. If you wish to point out any errors or update outdated information, please do so to Events@visitlubecmaine.com.
Please contact the business establishment directly to verify rates and other details.
APPLE and VisitLubecMaine.com will not be responsible for errors or inaccuracies. All information shown is subject to change.