Town Services in Lubec, Maine
- 3 School St. on side of Lubec Memorial Library. 2 - J-1772, OpConnect Clipper Creek HCS-40R (32A) chargers. Download OpConnect app to access. Fee $0.30 / kWh. Open 24/7.
- 10 Commissary Point Rd. at Cobscook Institute. 1 - J-1772 charger. Open 8 am to 5 pm.
- 22 Washington St. at City Hall parking lot. 2 - J-1772, wall mounted Clipper Creek 32Amp charging stations. Open 24/7.
- 5 Water St., across from Axiom Technologies. 2 - J-1772, 40 Amp charger - about 7.5 kw per hour charge. Open 24/7.
- 7 Vip Drive at Downeast Community Partners. 1 - J-1772, Level 2 Clipper Creek Dual EV charger. Free to the public.
Lubec's Recycling Center
(207) 733-4731 89 Pleasant St (on the way to Mowry Beach)
Wednesday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Friday and Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- NOW TAKING GLASS!
- #2 plastic bottles (washed and crushed)
- Paper: magazines, newspapers, office and mixed
- Cardboard (boxes flattened) Cans (labels removed, washed)
- No styrofoam, carbon paper, food wrappers, waste, plastic items, paper towels, napkins, waxy cardboard
During the summer Maine's E-waste program collects electronic office appliances and televisions. Check the town's website for dates and details.
Recycling items change without notice, categories such as glass may be added or deleted depending on the market.
Water and Sewer
- Urban Lots: Water and sewer connections in Lubec Village to Main Street/ County Road just past the entrance to South Lubec Road
- Rural Lots: Parts of South and North Lubec Roads have town water. The rest are supplied by wells.
- Route 189 into Lubec and South Lubec Road are maintained by the State of Maine
- Designated town roads are maintained, some partially, by the Public Works Department
- Winter parking ban in effect for snow plowing and snow removal, November 15 to April 15 6pm - 6am. All streets in Lubec.
- Registrations may be purchased at Lubec Town Office.
Fishing and Hunting Licenses
Town clam license may be purchased at Lubec Town Office -commercial and recreational (weekly, monthly, annual). Phone Number to call to check for Red Tide and Fresh Water Closures: 1-800-232-4733 and website.
There is a state-owned public boat ramp on the north east edge of town, by the breakwater at the mouth of the Lubec Narrows. The ramp is used year round to launch commercial and recreational boats into Johnson’s Bay. From about the end of May, until approximately the last weekend in October, floats line the boat ramp for docking convenience.
The Town of Lubec owns no public moorings. Individuals may apply for a mooring permit and once approved, the individual is responsible for putting in and maintaining the mooring. There are no temporary moorings.
Public restrooms can be found at Stockford Park on Lower Water Street (meaning south or to the right of the bridge) and at the Lubec Marina on Commercial Street (aka Johnson Street). The library's (55 Water Street) restrooms are also open to the public during open hours for the library.