A Lubec, Maine, neighbor
Dennysville was settled in 1786 and incorporated in 1818. The town lies along the bank of the Dennys River, which is one of six Maine rivers that are home to the Atlantic salmon. When in town, visit the Lincoln House (1787, on the National Register of Historic Places), Soldiers Monument (1916), Old Dennysville Academy (c 1846), the Congregational Church (1843), Lincoln Memorial Library (1913), and the old cemetery. There are also several old homes of architectural interest along the main street.
The population was 342 at the 2010 census.
See a detailed history under Pembroke.